WE ARE PET PEOPLE! At Pet Paradise, team members ensure that our furry friends get extra loving care and focused attention while playing and staying with us in a safe and entertaining environment. Dog boarding is just the start of what we do! The relationship you build with pets and their parents makes going to work fun and rewarding and the benefits we offer are top notch! If you have a pet of your own, they can enjoy complimentary Pet Day Camp, Boarding and discounts on grooming and veterinary care at all our locations and clinics. We offer career development for you and our hourly resort team members including our management training program “Unleashed Leadership Academy”, STRIVE scholarship programs to begin a career in veterinary services, Grooming Academy to become a Groomer and Canine training roles as we expand this service across our many locations. You will benefit from ongoing training and have the opportunity to continually enhance and diversify your skills to open doors to other fulfilling pet careers within our company. Working with pets is not always easy, but we love what we do and care about giving our employees the tools to grow and succeed.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational success of the Pet Paradise resort, including supervising, and guiding operational activities in accordance with company standards. Responsible for the performance of the resort, the General Manager leads the resort team in a fast-paced, demanding resort through dependability, professionalism, strategic planning, and day-to-day management activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE GENERAL MANAGER:
- Lead resort teams through daily operations
- Motivates supervisory and associate level team members through recognition programs
- Organize and maintain procedures for both back-of-house and front-of-house operations
- Manages operations in accordance with company standards of safety, cleanliness, and conduct
- Ability to keep a high-level of communication through resort, regional, and corporate teams regarding resort operations
- Responsible for handling maintenance issues, and partnership with regional maintenance crew
- Manages resort staffing by creating schedules, communicating staffing needs, conducting interviews, and hiring.
- Responsible for assisting new and existing team members in completing their required LMS courses and training guides, while providing ongoing coaching for development.
QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A RESORT MANAGER:
- Exemplifies our core values- Passion, Innovation, and Community
- Comfortable leading by example, including 'hands-on' task management
- Values learning, receptive to feedback, and strives for self-improvement
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities
- Valid driver's license and working motor vehicle (applicable if willing to transport guests)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Qualified individual must have previous management experience in retail, restaurant, hospitality operations or similar; ability to read financial reports, manage payroll and inventory, motivate and engage staff and multi-task effectively.
Associates Degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum two years related experience with strong training skills.
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp – Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
ABOUT PET PARADISE
Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need to give their furry family member the happiest, healthiest, longest life possible. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort-style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof. Located in eleven states with more than 50 locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the United States.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin