Pet Paradise is a high growth, multi-site pet care provider which has distinguished itself through its comprehensive and unique guest experience that includes high-end boarding, day-camp, grooming, canine training and state-of-art, full-service veterinary clinics - all under one roof.
The Vice President of Resort Operations will join a dynamic and highly energized executive management team and will provide operational excellence, with a strong focus on growth and efficiency using a metrics-driven approach and strong people leadership skills. This leader will be expected to be a thought-leader on pet-care innovation and develop/implement practices that result in both enhanced pet care and favorable business results.
This position will require routine travel to pet resort locations and will be based at the company’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida.
Please Apply if you have this experience:
- Functional experience focused on operations, with a passion for excellence and proven ability to deliver a differentiated customer experience across multiple locations.
- Exposure to best-in-class disciplines, processes and systems.
- Experience leading a distributed workforce with an understanding of labor productivity, efficiency, safety and facilities management as well as leading cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams, establishing strong relationships and driving growth.
- Strong command of financial statements and ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial and operational cost management data. Demonstrated success driving metrics that positively impact the P&L.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced high growth environment.
- Strong on operational efficiency and process improvement; exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA preferred.
- 15 years of progressive, relevant experience in related/adjacent industries
These Key Competencies are the foundation for success!
- Strategic Ability
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Improvement
- Value-Driven Leadership
We will look for this role to add value in the follow areas:
- Provide oversight of and mentorship to the Resort Operations leadership team and work in collaboration with teams in marketing, finance, human resources and other shares services functions.
- Maintain an active presence in resorts throughout the year and facilitate business reviews with Regional and Resort Managers on all aspects of the operation, including guest experience, staff development, safety and financial performance.
- Ensure the development of the strategic plan, objectives and budget for each resort service offering and region.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve sales targets across resort operations, through improved customer experience, cross-selling initiatives and competitive differentiation.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve profitability for each resort, through improved labor productivity and operational excellence initiatives.
- Establish a framework of KPIs to drive accountability and measurement of success and review with the Resort Operations leadership team on an ongoing basis, including financial reports, guest satisfaction and engagement surveys.
- Work collaboratively with the Veterinary Care leadership team to ensure coordinated pet care, consistent customer service and cross-selling opportunities.
- Proactively identify opportunities and challenges and work with the Executive Management Team and other appropriate team members to maximize opportunities and effectively resolve challenges.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of management practices, workforce deployment, processes and activities; recommend or otherwise ensure appropriate measures are taken to maximize the performance of all operations.
- Attend and present at company board meetings, leadership meetings and other stakeholder events to provide updates on key initiatives and the business.
- Foster effective communications, accountability and ownership; support an organizational culture that promotes initiative, teamwork, talent development, learning, cooperation and mutual respect.
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp – Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
ABOUT PET PARADISE
Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need to give their furry family member the happiest, healthiest, longest life possible. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort-style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof. Located in eleven states with more than 50 locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the United States.