Location: Corporate HQ - Jacksonville, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Requisition ID: 201875
Job Type: Full-Time
Would you like to be a part of the exciting and rewarding pet care industry? Are you looking for a work environment that is collaborative, supportive and (dare we say) fun? Are you a talented and experienced paralegal with a strong background in commercial real estate? If so, this may be the career move for you.
Pet Paradise® is the nation’s premier comprehensive pet care provider, offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. We currently have over fifty locations in nine states and are continuing to rapidly expand across the southern region of the US. We are looking to add an experienced paralegal to our great team.
- Assisting with multiple aspects of the Company’s real estate acquisition and development activities, including:
- Drafting, revising, executing and distributing letters of intent, purchase and sale and lease agreements and amendments.
- Determining, tracking and ensuring compliance with real estate purchase and sale agreement and lease agreement deadlines and critical dates.
- Ordering, reviewing and analyzing title commitments and surveys and preparing objection/comment letters to sellers, title company’s and surveys.
- Ordering, reviewing and analyzing environmental, zoning and other due diligence reports.
- Coordination of the closing of real estate purchase, lease, loan and sale-leaseback transactions, including execution of documents, preparation of escrow/closing instruction letters, preparing and transmitting closing packages and handling post-closing matters.
- Assisting with multiple aspects of the Company's development and construction activities, including permit applications, easements, access agreements, notices of commencement and other development and construction documents.
- Formation and maintenance of corporate entities, preparation of corporate filings and maintenance of corporate records.
- Assisting with general business legal matters of the Company, including contracts, business licenses and permits, insurance matters, garnishments, records requests and Company operational issues.
- Minimum of five years of work as a commercial real estate paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Substantial title and survey experience.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- High professional integrity and ethics, with the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding company business.
While we would prefer to have someone work full-time in our great offices in the beautiful San Marco area of Jacksonville, we will consider in-office/remote hybrid arrangements.
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (30 non-holidays per year)
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- On-demand pay (DailyPay)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Community Perks (Discount Program)