Pet Paradise® is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and over fifty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
JR DATA ANALYST
The Jr Data Analyst is responsible for providing key technical and financial insights to plan and effectively operate the business, through data analytics, reporting and analysis. They will serve as the central report contact for multiple business units. This position will be based in Pet Paradise’s Jacksonville office, with some flexibility for a hybrid work schedule.
Essential Functions of the Jr Data Analyst role include:
- Advanced analysis, utilizing large datasets and complex business requirements to drive meaningful change on KPIs and objectives.
- SQL querying across multiple platforms and scripting to return relevant data while tuning queries & utilizing best practices.
- Validation check execution, including data element inconsistencies.
- Align with leadership to design and implement solutions; also checking against standard business trends to identify outliers.
- Produce reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results in an easy to understand and storied manner.
- Maintain a focus on flow and context, ensuring analysis provides insights that tie to visuals and speaks to drivers and business strategy shifts where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly identify key points and callout deeper insights, or tie to other visuals, and how it relates to business performance through written communication within analysis.
- Review and polish analysis through iterative development.
- Understand the importance, and basic elements, of project planning, and can create plan independently.
- Follow project plan and communicates progress/roadblocks proactively.
- Respect project timelines and maintain clear/concise documentation on requirements, project goals, methodology and output.
- Understand operational systems and work with IT & Business teams to create reporting governance using our BI tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in a data analytics role
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced Power BI
- Advanced PowerPoint/Think-Cell
- Advanced Excel
- Python/R/Data Modeling optional, but preferred
- Data Analytic tool certification preferred
- Strong understanding of database structures, data extraction and queries
- Organized with an exceptional eye-for-detail and strong mathematical skills
- Desire to learn, teach and grow within an organization
- Self-motivated, especially when working with large and complex datasets
- Trustworthy and conscientious, while being sensitive with confidential data and information
- Receptive to direct feedback and constructive criticism
- Thrives in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experience in Hospitality and/or reservations is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be in an office environment, with some remote work flexibility
- This is largely a sedentary role where the individual will be required to remain in a stationary position at a computer for long periods of time
- Some standing, bending, lifting and manual dexterity may be necessary
Pet Paradise Perks & Benefits
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (30 non-holidays per year)
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- On-demand pay (DailyPay)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Community Perks (Discount Program)
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company policy, Federal and State laws forbid discrimination because of age, color, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or national origin.