Assistant General Counsel / Real Estate Counsel
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Corporate HQ - Jacksonville, FL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2023
Requisition ID: 201626
Job Type: Full-Time
Would you like the opportunity to be a part of the exciting and rewarding pet care industry? Are you looking for a work environment that is collaborative, supportive and (dare we say) fun? Are you a talented and experienced commercial real estate attorney? If so, this just might be the career move for you.
Pet Paradise® is the nation’s premier comprehensive pet care provider, offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. We currently have over fifty locations in nine states and are continuing to rapidly expand across the southern region of the US. We are looking to add an experienced commercial real estate attorney to our great team.
- Providing legal advice to and working collaboratively with the General Counsel, Vice President of Real Estate and other members of the Pet Paradise Executive, Legal, Real Estate, Construction and Facility Maintenance teams regarding the acquisition, development, construction and management of real estate related to Pet Paradise locations.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, build-to-suit leases, easements, restrictive covenant agreements and other legal documents in connection with the acquisition and leasing of real estate in connection with development of the company’s new pet resorts.
- Working with sellers, REIT partners, lenders and their respective counsel in connection with the closing of real estate purchase and lease transactions.
- Reviewing title, survey, environmental site assessments and other real estate due diligence.
- Helping to maintain and update various real estate acquisition, leasing, development and construction tracking and reporting systems.
- Assisting General Counsel in providing legal advice and assistance to the Executive, Operations, Human Resources, Veterinary Services, Marketing and IT teams on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited United States law school
- Three or more years of experience of practice as a commercial real estate attorney in a law firm or in-house setting
- Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Member of the Florida Bar or able to obtain Florida Authorized House Counsel status
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and writing skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
While we would prefer to have someone work in our great offices in the beautiful San Marco area of Jacksonville, we will consider in-office/remote or full-time remote arrangements.
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (30 non-holidays per year)
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- On-demand pay (DailyPay)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Community Perks (Discount Program)
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.