Location: Corporate HQ - Jacksonville, FL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2022
Requisition ID: 201303
Job Type: Full-Time
Pet Paradise® is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and over fifty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
Pet Paradise is looking for an experienced Creative Director to be the creative compass for the organization. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and thought-provoking individual who will oversee the creative process and give guidance to the marketing team to create a consistent brand internally and externally. As a member of the marketing leadership team, this person will have a unique blend of creative vision and business sense. The candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
- Develop concepts and implement the vision for marketing materials, campaigns, and programs (e.g. marketing brand campaigns, e-blasts, website assets, social media assets, community/brand stories, TV commercials, print material, events and store collateral and guides) that advance the brand, drive participation, and increase sales.
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions with internal teams and agency teams
- Direct and lead creative direction for agency partners.
- Manage designers and copy writers and keep the design schedule on deadline, as well as, develop their technical skills, design sophistication, and professionalism.
- Review and approve all designs, artwork, photography, and graphics
- Ensure that all marketing materials consistently represent the brand, are functional and engaging.
- Coordinate and facilitate creative review meetings prior to campaign launches
- Provide direction for industry best practices for design, communication, etc.
- Provide design work as needed for various projects.
- Manage, oversee brand guidelines for the organization
- Direct talent marketing efforts to support employee value proposition for retention and recruiting
- Oversee creative & project brief writing and creative deadlines
- Lead photography and campaign shoots with agency partners to deliver critical b-roll and photography assets for the company
- Direct large evergreen brand campaigns for Pet Paradise, ensuring a captivating and high performing story for the brand to drive consumer behavior
- Supervising the department's daily workflow, assigning project workloads, and monitoring deadlines and budgets.
- Develop exceptional and well-crafted copy for various Ad Hoc creative requests
- Oversee the creative budget
- Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts discipline, visual communications, graphic design or fine arts
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in graphic design, typography, production design, interactive design and/or visual communications
- 3+ years overseeing company brand vision internal and external as a creative or art leader
- Demonstrated stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
- Strong and polished soft skills that enable creative and top-notch work with different personality types — all while juggling various projects.
- Experience working with high-profile brands and/or on a high-traffic website a major plus
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong initiative and persistence to improve concepts and the final product
- Team Focused and strong organizational skills are a must
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and flexible to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Keen ability to take criticism and incorporate feedback to make your designs better
- This position will be in person in the Jacksonville/San Marco office
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (with limitations)
- Discounted Veterinary Care (per location)
- On-demand pay (DailyPay)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
- Community Perks