Playtime Coordinator - Odessa
Location: Odessa - Odessa, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2022
Requisition ID: 201066
Job Type: Full-Time
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress, and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof.
Immediately Hiring- Ability to begin work in a couple days!
Hourly Rate of $11-$12.50 / hour based upon experience ($0.50 increase 6 months from hire date, additional $0.50 increase on annual anniversary date)
Daily Pay Available with On Demand Pay
Complimentary Pet Day Camp -Bring your dog with you to work every day for free!
The Playtime Coordinator position will organize timely and effective playtimes, manage pets by age, weight, and size, and communicate with resort team and management on updates.
- Interact with and monitor dogs in play areas (play-yard and pool) using appropriate toys and tools to ensure a safe level of play
- Minimizing stress levels of all dogs in the playgroup, monitoring for aggressive or unusual behaviors
- Control levels of play by following dog management and control procedures and instructions provided by management
- Supports team with additional cleaning and play-yard maintenance duties
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management
- Report any unusual behaviors, injuries, or critical information to management and veterinary services if applicable
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- True passion for working with animals
- Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working in all-weather conditions; will be exposed to pool water €¢ Experience in a boarding/day-camp setting preferred
- Reliable and flexible to resort schedule needs including days, night, weekends, holidays, and peak times
- Able to learn to work with and handle a variety of sizes and breeds of dogs.
- Ability to receive instructions and remain adaptive to change and training material
Benefits & Perks:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp - Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin