Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof.
Starting Pay: $15.50/hour ($0.50 increase 6 months from Hire Date, additional $0.50 increase on annual anniversary date)
The Resort Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the resort associates. The Resort Supervisor oversees and assists with the daily care of guests including, but not limited to: feeding, cleaning, exercising, and bathing.
Essential Functions of the Resort Supervisor include:
- Provide direct supervision of the Resort Associates including supervising, training and coaching Associates based on company standards, policies, and guidelines. The Resort Supervisor will be required to spend at least 80% of scheduled hours in the guest areas of the resort.
- Provide direct supervision of the Playtime Coordinators, including supervising, training and coaching Coordinators based on company standards, policies, and guidelines. Resort Supervisor supports and guides Coordinators in completion of scheduled playtimes.
- Clean and maintain the guest areas of the resort in such a manner as to provide an odor free and low-stress environment.
- Feed, exercise, and provide daily care for all guests.
- Report and document (when applicable) to the Resort Manager and/or Resort Assistant Manager any potential hazards or behavioral problems involving guests or employees.
- Assist Resort Manager in training employees, assign/direct work, reward/discipline employees, and conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Responsible for assisting new & existing team members in completing their required LMS courses and training guide
- Emptying trash cans, mopping floors, cleaning of rest rooms, common areas, and employee break room.
- Perform duties as required by Resort Manager to maintain operation of the resort.
- This is a hands on supervisor role, that is a physically demanding position that requires you to stand for long periods of time and be comfortable with all sizes and breeds of dogs.
- This position will require occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
- Confident and energetic personality
- Strong organizational, cash management, and sales skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task, work with minimal supervision
- Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
- Able to handle a variety of animals safely and comfortably
- Exemplifies our core values - Passion, Innovation, and Community
- Comfortable leading by example, including 'hands-on' task management
- Values learning, receptive to feedback, and strives for self-improvement
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp - Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), outdoor weather conditions and loud noise.
Associates may be exposed to animals that are agitated, injured, and may scratch or bite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin