Veterinary Practice Manager
Location: Richmond Airport - Richmond, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2022
Requisition ID: 200895
Job Type: Full-Time
At NewDay Veterinary Care, we believe in delivering high quality medicine along with an exceptional client experience in a compassionate environment. With our innovative, comprehensive pet care experience in a full-service clinic setting, patients can experience quality veterinary care in a less stressful environment. A place where routine exams, diagnostics, vaccinations and wellness programs are only a splash away from the pool and their best friends.
We are a rapidly growing company providing a unique opportunity for veterinarians at any stage of their career, whether you are a recent graduate, experienced veterinarian or just looking for a refreshing new career path. We believe in hiring doctors with diverse skill sets, education, cultures and prior experience working together to deliver the highest quality veterinary care and client experience.
As Veterinary Practice Manager, you will:
- Oversee and train associates on professional, efficient and exceptional client service (lead by example), to include client education about wellness plans, preventive care, pet health needs, wellness services, marketing campaigns, and other related information; effectively resolve client issues.
- Follow all Pet Paradise protocols and practices and be responsible for ensuring associates achieve practice priorities while building our culture and brand.
- Direct, lead and mentor the paraprofessional staff to realize their full professional potential and deliver outstanding, high quality medical care, client service and business results.
- Effectively create and maintain paraprofessional schedules and work with Chief of Staff to schedule associates to meet client needs according to Pet Paradise guidelines, while proactively planning time off and CE scheduling.
- Act as communications liaison, including holding routine wellness clinic team meetings, sharing business information and messaging to all wellness associates, ensuring they remain informed, engaged and have opportunities to provide feedback.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the team by creating a positive professional relationship with the Chief of Staff, Pet Paradise associates, veterinary partners, clients, field leadership and corporate.
- Develop annual planning, budgeting and wellness productivity levels for the wellness clinic in partnership with the Chief of Staff, field leadership and corporate.
- Manage and drive consistent revenue growth and profitability improvements in the wellness clinic. Monitor all financial and operational metrics ensuring deviations from plan are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Manage daily operations of wellness clinic to deliver consistent performance in wellness plan growth, market penetration and client and associate retention. Manage overall labor costs while ensuring appropriate scheduling/staffing during all operating hours.
- Use proven methods to promote wellness clinic and Pet Paradise growth.
- Responsible for cost containment, cash control/banking, loss prevention, office and medical supply ordering, and inventory management, maintaining acceptable wellness audit scores.
- Provide leadership to other area wellness clinics as needed throughout the market as they become operational.
- Ensure compliance with all practice policies and procedures and with all local, state and federal laws.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years related experience required (health care, veterinary profession, service industry, etc.), including direct supervisory experience (includes hiring, associate development, etc.)
- Pet Paradise experience and/or previous experience as a Practice Manager in veterinary medicine preferred.
- Veterinary technician certification, licensure, and experience preferred.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM) or Veterinary Management Institute (CVPA) certification preferred
- Availability to work flexible schedules based on business needs, to include weekends and some holidays.